Divorce Attorney Serving Northern Colorado
At The Law Office of Thomas W. Martin, LLC, in Fort Collins, Colorado, family law clients have the opportunity to work closely with an attorney whose focus is solely on family law. At our firm, family law attorney Lisa Grimes is ready to help you get through the often difficult process of divorce. Most of our clients are not interested in using legal maneuvers as tools for bringing down a soon-to-be ex-spouse. Rather, they are looking for practical solutions.
Divorce Representation With Your Priorities Clearly In Mind
To get started exploring the key issues in your marriage dissolution, contact us by phone or through this website. We are prepared to work with you to resolve any of the issues you may be encounter as you go through the process of divorce:
- When you've separated but are not yet divorced, there are legal steps you can take to ensure clarity about finances and other issues.
- Determining where and with whom children will live is often one of the most emotional aspects of a divorce.
- The day-to-day responsibilities of each parent need to be worked out before finalizing a divorce where children are involved.
- Children of divorcing parents are entitled to support from both parents. The parent with whom the child does not live the majority of the time is the parent who provides financial support for the children.
- When a marriage ends, part of the divorce process involves dividing up property, assets and debts the couple had shared.
- A divorce settlement may also provide a fair plan whereby the higher-earning spouse contributes to the financial stability of the lower-earning spouse.
- When life circumstances change, it is possible for a divorce settlement to be changed to reflect the new situation.
- Even couples who were never married can benefit from legal remedies when they decide to go their separate ways.
At our firm, most clients resolve these and other issues through mediation and/or collaborative law methods. In rare cases involving contested divorces, however, litigation before a judge becomes necessary. We are prepared to represent you vigorously, with your priorities clearly in mind, if your divorce becomes more difficult than you expected.
A Family Law Firm Where Trust Is A Foundation
At our firm, we know how important confidentiality and trust are in a client-attorney relationship. We make it a point to give each client truly personalized attention, delivered with a caring and compassionate attitude. Different clients have different priorities. For that reason, we tailor each case to the individual client's needs. We stay conscious of a client's resources and take every opportunity to maximize those resources efficiently and cost-effectively.
We welcome clients of all social classes, status and means. However, we most often represent working people. At The Law Office of Thomas W. Martin, LLC, we make it a point to respect clients' budgets. Throughout the stages of a divorce at this law firm, every question or decision about how to move forward carries with it a shadow concern: Does this legal decision make financial sense? Understanding your legal options enables you to choose wisely.