Even if your family does not resemble the families of "Leave It To Beaver" or "The Brady Bunch," you know you are a family if you live fully interdependent lives. Like any other family, you may have legitimate concerns that will need to be addressed through appropriate legal remedies such as powers of attorney.
Although a family group may not conform to society's norm or ideal, the needs of individuals, couples and children in such households are very real. Whether you are concerned about grandparents' rights or establishing paternity, The Law Office of Thomas W. Martin, LLC, can help.
Legal Resolutions For All Types Of Families
Our firm in Fort Collins, Colorado, offers practical solutions for nontraditional families who need to resolve:
- Where and with whom children will live and visitation rights for unmarried parents
- Domestic partnership agreements for unmarried couples setting up households
- How to split up property and debts for cohabiting domestic partners when they part ways
Your legal issues may be resolvable through a number of means, including:
- Contractual agreements similar to premarital agreements, setting up parameters and ground rules for a relationship (financial or otherwise)
- Estate planning
- Powers of attorney
- Advance health care directives
- Joint tenant agreements
- Real estate buy-outs when domestic partners separate
We Treat You Like The Family You Are
Whatever your family looks like, we are ready to help with all your legal concerns. For a free initial consultation about your situation, you can call our firm or email us to schedule a discussion with a lawyer.
Spanish interpretation services are available if requested in advance. Our office is not regularly staffed with bilingual associates, but arrangements can be made. (Servicios de interpretación español están disponibles si se solicita con antelación. En nuestra oficina no es regular que cuentan con personal bilingüe, pero los arreglos se pueden hacer.)